Friday, December 15, 2006

Stamper Famous for Tearing Edge Collapses.....


Janine Tinklenberg, aka JanTink, who enjoys her very tiny fame as the creator of the stamping soap, "The Tearing Edge", collapsed late Thursday evening.

"I got up this morning," said Dan Tinklenberg, her husband, '"And she was lying on the floor saying, 'Forty friggin' flowers...I cut out forty friggin' flowers...forty...friggin'....flowers..' That's it, just kept saying that over and over. I've told her and told her...these swaps are going to kill her, but she just laughed." Mr. Tinklenberg shook his head.

Scattered on the floor in the living room where Mrs. Tinklenberg was found were Hershey kiss wrappers, the box to National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, which she was apparently watching last night, and the paper cuttings from many copies of a big flower which was stacked neatly in a box. A pair of scissors dangled from her limp hand.

Mrs. Tinklenberg was rushed to the emergency room. Tentative diagnosis: swapitis. Doctors think she'll make a full recovery, but they said Mrs. Tinklenberg is insisting that her husband bring her some stamps and cardstock from home. "We haven't seen a case this bad in years!" one doctor said.

25 comments:

Petals said...

Oh, I love it, love it, love it! Jan, you've made my day again! (Rest up now, we wouldn't want you out of commission for too long!)

margot said...

I love your sense of humor and can relate to your feelings! I hope there is a full recovery!

Flower said...

LOL!! Your humor breaks me up.

(PS: thanks for enduring all that chocolate on our behalf! I'll do a sit-up for you in return...if I am able to complete a whole one. hehehe)

my4blessings said...

Absolutely fantastic! I think it was the chocolate that prevented a fatality from swapitis.

LSN said...

I am just cracking up over here. Thanks for giving me a much needed laugh. When I first saw the picture, all I could think was Ms Scarlett with the candlestick....

Lindav

Anonymous said...

I am LMBO here, Jan you are such a hoot.

I do feel a *little* guilty as one of the swaps is for me...hee hee

Here's to a full recovery!!!

Barb

Anonymous said...

Oh Jan! You crack me up! Hope you hand/wrist is feeling a little better. As a recipient of one of those upcoming swap cards (I hope for Lisa's swap???), I appreciate your efforts! lol!

Connie

Renee said...

Girl, you crack me up. Thank you for the laugh today... I needed it!
Have a wonderful holiday season.
All my best,
Renee

Debbie Olson said...

Jan, we love you! You're the BEST!

jenn@splitcoaststampers.com said...

Oh crap. I may be coming down with this. Daggum freak swap!!!! Who signed me up for that, anyway? You crack me up!

Sarah Moore said...

this is the funniest post ever! Thanks so much for crackin me up!

Lori Craig said...

Of all the FREAKy things.... BAWAAAHHH! Jan, you are SUCH a team player. Of course, I have just finished cutting out 40 little Puny Pigs AND used glitter. We are nuts! I couldn't even tell my husband I signed up for a swap with the deadline this week. He would have my hide.... Keep on stamping!!

nadine529 said...

JanTink, you are so stinkin' funny!

plwwolfe said...

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery!

Your post made my day - way too funny!

PSAH said...

Jan -
You rawk girl! I think you need a night out w/ your dh -- maybe olive garden or something really good.
Susan

pjbstamper said...

It really was just a matter of time!

Do you suppose that when they lock us in the room with padded walls, they'll take away our paper cutters? It's not like have all that pointy of a tip, ya know?!

Michelle Laycock said...

Jan,
You did it again! Speechless here. You're just the best.
LOL!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, this is too freakin funny! Thanks for the laugh today. Rest up and get well soon.

Terry said...

Jan

You are too much! It's 1:14 a.m. I just got in from a xmas party at my LLS dog tired from scrapping and
stamping all day and read your post I almost fell off my chair laughing so hard.....you've made my day!!!

scrappersister said...

You have a terific sense of humor. I loved reading your forty friggin flowers saga. Awesome. :)

Mary

Karen said...

OMWord - too funny Jan!! I believe I'm a recipient of one of those 'forty friggin' flowers!! :) Still working on my swaps too!

Dawn said...

SPEW!!! Oh Jan...you are sooo funny!

Allison said...

This is hilarious and I love that pic! That was me last Christmas which is why I started pumping mine out in August!

stampingwhenican.blogspot.com

Valerie said...

thanks Jan for such a great post to end my not so good day. I really needed that!

diane said...

OK, time for more blogging! The natives are getting restless! Hope your hand is healed by now :)
Happy New Year!!!!