Monday, December 11, 2006

Back again...didya wonder where I went, didya, huh? Huh?

Okay, I have again neglected you. I feel so rotten, that I'm going to eat some chocolate in your honor. There...do you feel better? I knew you would.

There has been some exciting doings around here. First, my SAB preorders came. I told myself that I would only buy a few sets; the one I needed for the Controlfreaks swap and maybe two more. But under psychic compulsion from Shelli Gardner (may she live forever) I ended up buying them all!!!

There was only one that I didn't want to have immediately and since I was ordering the other ones...I just didn't want it to feel left out, yeah, that was it. Can you imagine, the set finally gets here in January, tagging onto an order, and the other sets say, "She didn't really want YOU. She wouldn't pay to get you. You are not as good as us!" And this poor lonely set goes into a corner to cry...no I just couldn't do it. You understand, don't you? I had to buy it...I just have a big marshmallow heart (okay, my body looks like that too...mebbe I should stop eating so much chocolate for you guys!)

So now I have Lisa from Controlfreaks sending me emails, "You only have a week to stamp! These must go out before Christmas! Get your butts in gear!!!" Okay, she wasn't that mean, but that was the implication, the hidden message underneath the nicey-nice talk! (If you are reading this Lisa, I really, really like you...don't hurt me! ;-) ) That means I had to start stamping immediately.

And then there is the news that Shelli Gardner (may she live forever) is sending all of us demo-types a gift from the center of the known universe for Christmas!!! Speculation is rife as to just what this is; naturally I think it is a stamp set. So now I'm antsy...it's coming in the mail, so I have been stalking the mail man to just see what it is that I'm getting...

On top of that I signed up for a Dirty Dozen gift exchange for Christmas and I realized this weekend that I had to get my present for Sweet Miss Daisy done. Now, Miss Daisy, if you're reading this, don't scroll down if you don't want to see it! And those of you who know Anna...don't tell her what she's getting! I got it done, packaged it up and it will go out today priority, so she'll get it in a few days anyway.

And those Controlfreaks who don't want to see my swap before it comes in, don't scroll down either.

Okay...anybody who doesn't want to look has clicked away by now, right? Ready?







Here's my SAB swap for Control Freaks. No, I didn't kiss the stamp to the Paisley pad because I got such rotten results. I tried both craft and classic (craft was better for just one kind of ink, classic looked better with two.) It worked to a point, but then I started thinking...I have to make 38 or so of these, cleaning the stamps after each impression and cutting all these flowers out. Kissing the stamp is just not going to be possible in order to get them done when they need to be done. So instead, I stamped the background on Whisper White with Lavendar Lace ink, inked up Big Blossom in Pixie Pink and stamped it on top. It's virtually the same look as kissing, but the paisley is a lot more clear...so let's just call it Faux Kissing and be done with it. The Sweet stamp is from the Winter Mini set "Sweet on You" and it was stamped with black craft ink then embossed with Holographic Highlights...I think it adds just a little OOMPH to the card.




And here is Miss Daisy's gift. The snowflakes were stamped with craft ink onto mulberry paper that has gold threads shot through it. Then I used glitter Mod Podge to adhere it to the back of this glass plate. I used the Zig Painty to make a silver edge around the outside. The photo doesn't do it justice...it's very glittery, very pretty. I hope she likes it.

I had plenty of time to figure out what I was making while watching Happy Feet on Friday afternoon with my dear children, the only people I would be willing to undergo such mindless boredom for. If you like the movie...well, that's nice for you, but both Billy and I were bored out of our gourds after about 45 mintues. I liked the music, that was cute, but I kept losing the point of the whole thing. Seemed like someones idea of working out all their ideas for cool computer animation (why did they have to use that trick of the hero, being chased by whatever, racing past the camera lens lickity split and we see his open beak and terrified eyes racing towards us over and over again!!! It gets a big hackneyed!) The plot was distinctly lacking. The girls even said that it wasn't as cute as they were thinking it would be. And Laurel had to say that the adolescent Mumble was creepy and I, for once agreed! He never got an adult's head and feathers even by the end of the movie, he looked like a baby penguin stuck on top of an adult body...ick! Laurel thinks a lot of things are creepy, BTW...it's so charming!

We did get to see the trailer for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and the one for Eragon, both of which I will be getting bugged to see...Eragon opens this Friday and it has already started. I just finished the book and I have to say I want to see it too! The book was good; just hope the movie is as good.

Well, now I've got to go start cutting the cardstock for those SAB swaps. You be good now...

8 comments:

Barbara (Oldstmpr) said...

oh ho...I am first!! :-)
Since I am not a member of Control Freaks (tho I love seeing the swaps!)I went ahead and scrolled down your page for a morning dose of captivating creativity. The plate is gorgeous! Hmmm...methinks I must clean out that cupboard with all those plates and that stack of mulberry paper and get busy. Thanks so much for sharing your humor as well!

margot said...

I adore the plate, am thinking of changing my name to Miss Daisy so that you'll send it to me! Gorgeous, gorgeous!

Amy O' said...

Man, that plate must be beautiful IRL! Talented woman, you are!

stampinamy16

pjbstamper said...

Well, just in case she doesn't like the plate (and I can't imagine that!), I hereby submit my name for the top of the regifting list!

maybe we should do a swap for sarcastic stampers? Actually, we could just skip the stamping and go right to the comments which would be the funner stuff anyway!

my4blessings said...

That plate is gorgeous! I get a total kick out of your blog and am glad to see you back to posting.

Oh, I felt the same way about Happy Feet. Weak on plot, big on agenda...I just wanted to see a cute kids' story, kwim?

Anonymous said...

I must say I'm disappointed when I check your blog and you haven't updated but its always worth the wait. You are to funny!!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful cards and fabulous comedy act! :)

-Ginna

Sherri (sherristampsalot) said...

Your writing always brings a smile to my face!!! Thanks for that!

Debbie Olson said...

Jan, your posts are always WORTH waiting for! Yes, we all understand your reasoning perfectly. Now that's scary, isn't it? Your swap is just gorgeous too, BTW! :-D