I know, I know...you guys always want more and more and I have neglected to post anything for a while...so let's wind up the excuse train and get it out of the way!!!
1) I have a cold and it sucks.
2) Thanksgiving...4 hours of cooking, 20 minutes of eating, 1 hour of clean up. 'Nuff said.
3) Shopping on Black Friday at 5:30 AM...a real recipe for a day full of energy...NOT!
4) I've been scrapbooking. Believe me, that has been neglected enough and had to be done.
5) The dog ate my stamps? Wait...no dog and if one ate my stamps, it'd be finding a new home right quick!
6) I had a class last night. Which is actually good news, since I *had* to make new cards for it; I had one Snowflake Spot one posted in an earlier post (Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Almost Amethyst), but I needed three new ones that all had some sort of glitter on them.
Glitter is like crack for stampers, I swear. I can go for a couple of months without filling up a class, but tell some of my students that we are using glitter on every card and they are there to get their fix! I feel like a Glitter Pusher some days (Rubber Pimp on other days!)
So here they are...
This one uses Holographic Highlight EP for it's "bling"!
This one uses Irridescent Ice EP; the technique is Faux Diamond Dust. Stamp, coat the cardstock with Versamark and emboss the whole thing with II. It's go-jus! And the greeting is stamped with black, then the stamp is cleaned and stamped agains with Versamark and embossed with II.
This is plain ole' Dazzling Dimonds and 2-Way Glue.
Now for my other experiments. These were not taught at class because I came up with ones that glittered more.
This one has not glitter at all, just wanted to do a bright cheery card. I get so stuck on blue for Christmas cards. I have to tell myself, "Janine (yes, I talk aloud to myself sometimes...now that I have no baby in my shopping cart, I get funny looks...the baby was for camoflauge 'cause people assumed I was talking to the baby when I was really just talking to myself...after all, what baby really is interested in whether you should buy Downey fabric softener or the store brand? But I digress....where was I...oh, yes) Janine, not every set needs to be made into a blue card. Yes it would look just fab in blue, but for pete's sake, not everyone likes blue as much as you! Get over yourself!!!"
Now this has no glitter on it at all, but I've had this idea for just forever and I *had* to do it!!!!
This had a bit of shine but no glitter.
And this was just not shiny enough either.
So there, I have placated my public, now can go do laundry.