Friday, October 27, 2006

A few cards and more punch tricks....

I think I'm getting punchy....

I really love to find new uses for punches. And I've come up with a lot of them and found more of them when looking around at other people's work. Here's a few old and new ones:



I'm trying to alter the way I post pictures since some of you have had problems with the way the text gets broken up by the pictures...this better?

Yeah, I'm addicted to donut cards. What can I say...I love, love, love them. With this card, I used my punch trick on the focal image, the mat and the cardbase. And I love Flannel Plaid...I can't stop using it!!!! I had this card in my mind's eye and it turned out almost exactly as I had planned.

Trick #1: For those of you who don't have the slit punch, you can fake it...look where the ribbon is tied. Instead of using the slit punch on the mat, I cut a little circular notch with the 1/2" circle punch. Looks almost the same? It has a lot less bulk and you don't have to worry about getting the slit in the right place on your mat.




I was trying to come up with a swap for the three people at our group meeting that already got the Joy donut card from the Splitcoast dinner at the Lansing Regionals...I made this and this was not it, but I like it.



Here is my second attempt for those three ladies. The color combo is from the new In Color color combination sheet that SU! put up for us on the demo site...I've been using that almost all the time lately. And the sad thing is I ran out of time to make more of these, so I ended up grabbing the extra Snowflake Spot Versamark resist cards I had made at my last class...don't think they were too dissappointed, though this card in my sample box got lots of attention!

Trick #2: This isn't original to me, as I have seen it done many times, but your Spring Bouquet punch makes a very nice wreath when punched in green and layered around in a circle, doesn't it?




Trick #3: I came up with this; haven't seen anybody else do it, so I claim it! I used the slit punch to make the holes for my ribbon. As a result, as you can see, is an almost invisible way of putting ribbon on your card. It adds practically no bulk when used with organdy ribbons and if you tie the bow wide enough you can't even tell where the ribbon is coming from.

Well, I have a class on Monday and have made NO cards as of yet...so I better get busy!

7 comments:

Heather said...

Love your snow card, and the one with the wreath!

Aimee said...

what a neat way to make a bow... TFS

scrappersister said...

All of the cards that you made are lovely. My favorite one is the Snow card with the punch making the letter "O". I have got to try this.

Mary

Lorie said...

These are so GREAT! Thanks for sharing with us!

Nancy said...

What a clever and awesome idea! Thank you so much for sharing. I know I will use this trick with my die & punch tool from Basic Grey. SMILES!

Joyce said...

What awesome cards. Such a clever idea for the slit punch. You're right, the slit is hardly noticeable. I'll have to try this. Thanks so much for sharing.

Julia said...

OMG that wreath is so cool! I guess I've been living under a rock or something lately! This is the first time I've seen that!