Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Breaking out of the 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" box

I love Love Notes.

What are they? They are 3 x 3 inch notes that Stampin' Up! sells with envelopes. And they are truly *fun* to design. We get so locked into that standard size we all make that when you get a chance to break out and do something a little different, it is incredibly freeing!

This next month, you'll be able to get the Love Notes in 3 of the new In Colors. I had to do the swap for my upline's meeting tonight, so I decided to use the new Quick Cards set which I had bought and not played with nearly enough. At first I made this card:

And I like it, but I didn't really want to make multiples of this. Mostly because of that teeny piece of wire I used to make the ornament loop and because the Crosshatch background is embossed. More work than I wanted to do.


So instead, I made this. It's a Love Note that isn't one...I didn't prepurchase the Love Notes in the Holiday Mini. Instead I had the new 3 1/8" x 3 1/8" envelopes and they are Whisper White instead of the ivory in the Holiday Mini Love Notes. Isn't it CUTE?!?!?! These little notes are just cunning in person; seeing a picture just doesn't do it.

I got a few Love Notes the last time they were offered in the Winter Mini from the ControlFreaks Swappers and before that I couldn't see the point, but once I got them in my hot little hands, I fell in love.

1 comment:

Debbie Olson said...

Too cute! Love that ribbon too. Ü